Unknown Title
Prologue
My parent’s and my best friend’s parents last mission…… ended in their death. They were sent to kill a manticore. The biggest, most vicious, and most poisonous manticore in the universe. A manticore has the body of a lion, a human head with three rows of razor sharp teeth, and in this ones case bat wings and a deadly poisonous scorpion tail. All four of them were the world’s greatest hero’s, famous throughout the entire universe. They died one by one in front of each others eyes. My parents were torn into shreds by the razor teeth. My best friend Farynn’s parents died from poisoning after their skin had been stabbed by the manticore’s poisonous tail. How do I know all this? Farynn’s parents limped back to us before they died. They described what happened then took their last breath. But back then……. I was only 10. I am Thessia, daughter of Quara and Thyron, the galaxies best swordsmen.
Chapter 1
It screamed as my sword went through its heart, and then it crumpled to the ground to take its last breath. I walked over to Farynn and he embraced me in his arms. I now am 18, Farynn 19. Also, we’re boyfriend and girlfriend.
“Better and better everyday. You’re training and practice are really paying off,” Farynn said. I was still in his arms my head resting against his chest.
“Same to you. Soon we’ll be able to find that evil creature and get revenge…” I gritted my teeth as I mentioned the manticore.
“Thessie, calm down. Calm, calm,” Farynn whispered in my ear as he stroked my hair. I began to relax in his arms. I was completely exhausted from all the training and practice. Farynn caught me as I fell to the ground, my legs unable to support me any longer. Then he lifted me up in his arms and everything went black.
When I woke up again it was starting to get dark and we were back at our camp. There was one tattered tent and pieces of metal were scattered everywhere on the forest’s ground. They were all failures and attempts from trying to blacksmith a sword. I stared at myself.
I was wearing a red skirt with white lace lining the bottom. I had long gloves that went up my arms and stopped when they almost reached my shoulders and long socks that went up past my knee stopping a few inches below the skirt. Then I also was wearing a white and silver shirt with my silver chest plate over it. My red scabbard rested on my right side, the turquoise blue hilt sticking out. I also had tied my long brown curly hair back for training. My forest green eyes scanned the surrounding area.
As I was about to unsheath my sword my baby ice dragon, Andra, came up to me and nuzzled my neck. I stroked her ice blue scales. Her belly was a snowy white. And she had spikes on the tip of her tail and that hung down around her neck. They looked almost like icicles. She looked at me with her curious ruby red eyes.
I got up and walked to Farynn, Andra following me. He was wearing all black. His hair was also black and he had bangs that stopped right above his eyebrows. His sword was sitting by his side. It also was black but with silver. He turned to me, hearing my steps, and looked at me with his sea blue eyes.
“Are you okay Thessie?” Farynn asked with concern.
I went and sat on his lap and he put my arms around me. “You know I’m always great as long as I have you. Don’t forget that.”
He couldn’t help but smile and I kissed him. I put my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. He put his arms around my neck and we held our kiss there.
‘Does this have to end...’ I thought as we kissed. ‘I love him so much.. He’s all I have left.. Well besides Andra.’
Andra let out a little growl and we broke the kiss. She squeezed in between us as though she was trying to separate us from each other. I stroked her soft head and she purred happily.
“Jealous are we Andra?” Farynn said picking her up by the scruff of her neck and moving her away. She growled and tried to bite him with her little beak. “Whoa there girl. I need to be able to be with my girlfriend without her pet hurting me.” He set her down and patted her head.
I laughed. “Maybe a duel is in order.” I switched to an announcer voice. “Who shall win? The pet or the boyfriend.” I stopped and went back to my normal voice. “But she’s right. We shouldn’t be wasting time..”
I started to get off his lap but he pulled me back down and whispered in my ear, “Come on Thessie. Don’t be that way. We’re all we have left of each other. I can’t stand it if you’re cold to me.” He gently ran his hands up and down my back and I relaxed into him.
“Let’s sleep like this Farynn.” I said sleepily.
“Of course princess,” He said picking me up by my thighs and carried me to the tent. He ducked under the flap still carrying me and then sat back down. “Lets get some sleep.”
Then he lay down gently laying me next to him. I rested my head against his chest using it as a pillow and he put his arms around me protectively. Andra curled up against my back and nuzzled into me.
The next morning when I woke up Farynn had already gotten up. I got up and walked outside Andra following behind me. Farynn was roasting three rabbits and he had found some berries. I went and sat next to him by the fire and Andra curled up in my lap. I gently stroked her head and she purred happily and gently buted my hand.
Thess, What iz wez eating? Andra is hungwy. Andra spoke to me through my head. He isn’t making it is he?! Andra no likeys him.
I tried not to laugh. Yes, he is making us rabbits. And then we have some berries. But I know you don’t like them so only he and I will be having those.
She sat up on my lap alert. Thess, something is coming. Something bad. We need to go.
She quickly stood up and pulled on my sleeve with her beak. I grabbed Farynn’s hand.
“We have to go. Andra sensed something coming.”
He sensed the urgency in my voice and packed up the food quickly while I put away the tent. He put out the fire and then we started to run our scabbards banging against us.
He picked me up and put me on his back. “It’ll be faster this way. Andra go and fly ahead.”
She nodded a look of understanding in her eyes. No matter how much she disliked him she knew when to listen, and this was one of those times. As she took off there was a loud THUMP THUMP shaking the whole forest. I looked up above the trees only to see a large troll chasing after us.
It’s skin glowed a sickly green in the sunlight. Yellow fangs hung over its mouth and drool dripped down its face.
He spoke with his suprisingly high voice. “TROLLY IS HUNGRY!!! TROLL SMELLS HUMANS!!” His golden eyes scanned the forest with it’s cat like pupils. It spotted us and the thumping quickened as the troll started to run.
“TROLL WON’T HURT YOU. TROLLY IS JUST HUNGRY! HE JUST GOING TO GOBBLE YOU ALL UP.”
I tapped Farynn’s back. “Can you run any faster?!” Just then there was an ear-splitting scream that sounded like a small child. Farynn stopped completely and gently lowered me off his back.
“There’s a child out there!” He took off running towards the troll. “I’ll be back! Stay there or keep running.” I nodded and started running back towards the troll and Farynn.
Farynn didn’t notice me running after him. He was too busy searching the trees, desperately trying to find the child who had produced the scream. I started to fall behind. I couldn’t run nearly as fast as Farynn.
I tripped over a tree root, landing hard in the dirt. I looked up, spitting dirt out of my mouth, into golden eyes. The cat-like pupils scanned over me.
It was the troll. But it seemed a bit smaller than earlier. It was the size of a small child. Next to me, I’m 5’8, it’s head reached the middle of my thigh. It had pale green skin and silvery brown hair that stuck up on it’s head. I picked him up and held him away from me. His skin was suprisingly smooth, He was wearing earthly brown suspenders.
“Hey put me down girl!” He wriggled trying to get away and kicked his stubby legs towards me in an attempt to hit me. I put him on my shoulders and he pulled my hair. “I told you to put me down!”
I looked up at him on my shoulders. “You’re so…. much smaller than I thought.”
He looked away indignantly and crossed his arms. “I’m not short. Everyone else is simply abnormally tall.”
I couldn’t help but laugh. “Of course. What’s your name?”
“Ed. Just plain ol’ Ed. It don’t stand fo’ nothin’ really. What bout’ you miss?”
“Thessia. But call me whatever you’d like.” I smiled and started to walk in the direction Farynn had been running.
“Thessia… Thessia… Where have I heard that before…..” He went quiet trying to remember where he’d heard my name. I didn’t bother to interrupt his thought and walked silently searching for Farynn.
Something or someone suddenly rammed into me and I fell backwards, Ed flying off my shoulders into the shrubbery. I felt sick, whatever it was had hit my stomach. I leaned over to some bushes and threw up. I felt something lift me up. I was dizzy and my vision was blurring. I saw someones face and heard concerned words that I couldn’t make out. I felt arms around me. Everything went black.
I awoke to a small high voice that sounded like a little girl. “Papa, is momma gonna be okay? Momma is going to be okay right,” She said.
I slowly opened my eyes. A little girl with dark blue hair that was almost black was staring at me. She had a blue flower in her hair. Her ears were pointy like an elfs. She had big brown eyes. Andra was curled up in her lap purring happily. She was wearing a pink dress that looked like a flower. It stopped above her knees. The front had a little bow and she had gloves that started at her wrists going up to her shoulders. They were the same shade of pink. She was bare foot.
“Yes. Momma is going to be just fine Kiria,” Farynn said as he patted the little girls head.
“Look papa! She’s waking up,” Kiria squealed happily.
I slowly sat up and looked around. Farynn had set up the tent and started a fire. I had been laying on a pile of leaves.
“Momma,” Kiria said as she hugged me tightly.
“Ummm… Farynn explain,” I said gently prying Kiria off me.
“Well, she’s the one who screamed. And she seems to like calling us Momma and Papa.”
“Momma and Papa should get married,” Kiria said giggling.
“E-e-ehhh?! Kiria you shouldn’t be saying such things,” Farynn said a light blush on his face. He chased Kiria around and she squealed with delight. Andra looked at Farynn disapprovingly. I laughed and picked her up setting her on my shoulder.
Thess, Kiria can understand me. I don’t know how but she spoke to me, Andra spoke through my mind.
That’s odd. As long as I remember no one else has been able to understand and speak to you.
I stopped Farynn from chasing Kiria and lifted her up so we were eye to eye. “Momma’s dragon told her you could understand and speak to her. How?”
She giggled. “It was easy really. I could just hear her through my mind, so I tried speaking back to her. She doesn’t seem to like papa very much though.”
Andra growled at Farynn quietly and looked at Kiria longingly. I could tell she wanted to play with her new friend and companion. I set Kiria down and she ran towards Andra. Andra ran away playfully and Kiria chased after her.
While they played I went over to Farynn. “Seems like you have to carry me pretty often,” I said and laughed.
He smiled. “But I love carrying you Thessie,” he said sweeping me up into his arms bridal style. “You’re so light and that way you’re closer to me.”
I gently put my arms around his neck. He leaned down and kissed my forehead gently. I moved a hand to his cheek and pulled his head down as I closed my eyes and kissed his lips passionately. His eyes widened for a second in surprise, but then he relaxed and closed his eyes. I smiled as we kissed and he carefully sat down on the ground now holding me in his lap, his arms around my waist. I pulled away breathing heavily.
“Thessie….” Farynn said before going in for another kiss. I playfully batted him away and laughed. He looked like a pouting puppy.
I got up and walked a few steps away from him to see his reaction. As he stood up and walked towards me I turned away from him and crossed my arms so I’d look like I was mad at him.
He got so close that I could feel his breath on my neck. He gently put his hands on my hips and kissed my neck. “Are you really going to be like this Thess? I love you and I don’t like it when you’re cold towards me.”
I blushed a dark red and tried to hide my face. Kiria noticed us and stopped chasing Andra and watched curiously. When Andra saw that Kiria and stopped chasing her and saw me and Farynn she growled disapprovingly.
He shouldn’t be so close to you. I don’t trust him. And I don’t like the way he touches you, Andra thought to me and Kiria.
Really Andra? I find it interesting. I like watching Momma and Papa all lovey-dovey, Kiria thought back to Andra before dazing off. She daydreamed about me and Farynn having a wedding.
Farynn and I have to have a little fun. All we do is fight and train. It’s not like we’re doing anything wrong.
Farynn slid his arms all the way around me and pulled me closer. “Andra is probably throwing a fit around now. But I don’t care. You’re mine,” he kissed my neck again before continuing, “And I’m yours. And it will always be that way.” Now I could feel his breath on my ear as he whispered, “Maybe Kiria is right. When this is all over, let’s get married Thess. I want to spend all eternity with you.”
I could feel my face heating up and turned around and gently pushed Farynn away. Kiria snapped out of her daydream and pouted. “Maybe. Possibly. I don’t know! You’re such a bad boy Farynn! It’s not nice to confuse me,” I sulked.
“Thessie, baby, I’m sorry. Please forgive me. I love you thess,” Farynn took my hands in both of his and kneeled down.
Kiria stopped pouting immediately and watched intently. Andra growled quietly and curled up in Kiria’s lap. I started to blush. He never had done this before.
“Thessia, daughter of Thyron and Quara, my best friend and love of my life,” he reached towards his pocket and pulled out a small box. He flipped it open and revealed an ruby wedding ring. “I’m not joking around. Thessia, will you marry me?” He looked into my eyes while he waited.
I blushed immensely but I couldn’t break my eyes from his gaze. I was speechless and could only nod. He stood up and picked me up and spun me around.
“I promise to make you just as happy as you’ve made me at this moment,” He said as he set me down. Then he slid the ring onto my finger. Kiria moved Andra off her lap and stood up. She jumped up and down clapping her hands happily.
“Momma and Papa are going to get married!! And Kiria-chan can be their daughter! And we can be one little family forever and ever,” Kiria said and she ran over and hugged me. I embraced her in my arms. Farynn wrapped his arms around both of us. Tears of joy were streaming down his face.
“That’s right Kiria. We’ll be a family, forever and ever,” He said quietly.
Kiria smiled at Farynn and I innocently. “I love you Momma and Papa!”
Farynn lifted her up to his shoulders and then took my hand. I smiled at him and Kiria giggled and held onto him. “Yay!!!!!!! Papa is so tall.” Kiria reached her arms towards me and I took her in my arms.
“Come with Momma and Papa. We’re going to go for a nice little walk,” I said, throwing her up in the air and catching her before handing her back to Farynn.
Andra followed us and flew up onto Kiria’s shoulder. Kiria pouted. “I wanna see Momma and Papa kiss again!!!” She crossed her arms. Farynn laughed and walked over to the tent and put her down inside with Andra.
“Stay here Kiria. Papa and Momma have something to take care of.” Farynn said.
“Oh really? What is it we’re taking care of,” I said looking at Farynn curiously.
“Well you have a choice of A. a suprise,” Farynn said and winked, “Orrr, we go train some more. Your choice.”
No comments:
Post a Comment